Lougheed Town Centre is about to get a face-lift
We told you earlier that big changes are coming to the City of Coquitlam’s zoning and density. We weren’t lying. The City of Lougheed, a $7 billion plan, is Canada’s largest new master planned community. With occupancy scheduled to begin in 2020, the plan will feature 23+ high rise towers, various restaurants, pedestrian-friendly streets, diverse neighbourhoods and over 300 stores in a new-and-improved Lougheed Town Centre.
Located near the intersection of Austin Road and North Road in Burnaby, the City of Lougheed will be at the center of Metro Vancouver, where two SkyTrain lines, the Evergreen line and the Millennium line, meet. The Evergreen line travels East to Port Moody and Coquitlam Centre (12 minutes) and the Millennium line travels West to Brentwood (10 minutes), Commercial Drive (18 minutes) or Downtown Vancouver (30 minutes).
The 40-acre site will be a complete transformation of the current area, and will feature architectural and culinary inspiration from around the world. Each neighbourhood will be unique, with a variety of amenities and public spaces.
- One bedroom units, starting at 550 square feet, are priced from $329,900
- Home sizes will range from 550 to 1,250 square feet
- Some notable items within the units are: floor-to-ceiling glass, allowing for ample natural light, spacious “L” shaped kitchens with plenty of counter space and good-sized islands, premium quality Bosch appliances, gas cooktops, and lots of cupboard space for storage
- Thirty per cent of the City of Lougheed will include lush landscaping and open spaces, including parks, trails, landscaped roofs and water features
- The Main Boulevard, an expansive tree-lined boulevard will be home to parades, live music, artisan markets, VIP movie nights and outdoor fashion shows
- The area places a large focus on safety, and will feature trained security personnel available at all hours
- Developer: Shape Properties Corp.
Give us a shout to chat more about getting in on this epic redevelopment in this amazing neighbourhood!